Monday, August 4, 2008

A few days of solitude

I have lots more pictures than this but I wanted to add a few before we are off again. This is from a little cabin we rented about 40 miles away. It was soooooo cute! It had no running water or electricity. It did have battery powered lights though(pretty cool). Matthew thought it was Heaven! He loved every minute of it. I started out the stay pretty sick and Mike finished the stay sick! However, we made the best of it and still had a great time. The people who rent it could not be nicer. They provided almost anything you could ever need. Including a few friends for Charlie and Portis(by request I have to add)
Matthew and Charlie playing in the pond. Charlie would swim in the pond for hours. He would just swim laps with his tail waging the whole time.
Ironically, Portis loved to ride in the boat. He hates water and so I tried taking him out once. Then he would just go sit in it and wait for one of us to take him out. The only problem was that Charlie thought the boat was a big stick and would try to climb in or grab the oar...wonder what one of them is smarter??? Did I mention that Charlie turned 8 today. This was his birthday gift(just kidding..we got him a car)
Matthew and I loved to sit on this little couch and look out over the pond. It was really so pretty here. I can't wait to post more pictures but this will have to do for now. I have so much to do. It is amazing how much stuff can add up from even a mini vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment