I miss blogging. I really do. I miss being able to keep family and friends updated on us. Last year was not a big blogging year for me. It was hard to share when Mike was on the road so much. It was hard to find the time to post or even look at any of my photos. It was just the thing that had to give.
All the time though I wished I was still posting.
It just makes it so easy to keep track of our life. Where we have been and where we are going.
I an not a New Year's resolution kind of gal. In fact I bet I have made one resolution in my entire life. It just seems hokey.
I am however vowing that I will get back to blogging this year. I will share more and capture more of my own personal stuff.
So after all that... I have a confession to make! After spending much time getting all my camera gear bundled and charged and cleaned up for New Year's...I forgot the back in the entry way. Yes, it was laughable.
So I welcomed in the New Year with Iphone photos:-)
We stayed in the lovely little Hotel Le Bourget again. Such a great little european inspired hotel. It is one of my favorites.
This was probably one of my favorite all time trips to the cities. It was just nice. Our first stop was a Fly Fishing shop way up north in Blaine, MN. Matt was so excited. He used all of his Christmas money that grandma Dot sent him to buy tying supplies.
After he bought everything he could afford and looked at everything else twice, it was my turn.
We headed of the the World Market and had lunch. That place was so incredible. It was a little indoor farmers market with a worldly flair. I loved it very much. In fact I want to go back with someone else I know that loves worldly places. I wish I had pictures!!
We had dinner at Buca. Mike and I split a huge piece of lasagna. Our waiter was wonderful. It is funny how a great waiter can make such a difference.
When we got back to the hotel Matt went right to tying flies. After getting a few tied we headed for the pool. After being at the pool for a few hours Mike went to the front desk to discover Phil! One of our fellow Saturday morning fly tying buddies. He and his wife joined us pool side where we chatted in the New Year! It was wonderful! In fact it was 12:20 before anyone even noticed that it was past midnight. Yes...no New Year's kisses were exchanged. I would not have had our New Year be any other way.
Now this week we are all recovering! Including Portis.
The Minnesota cold has settled in....UG:(



I miss your blogging too! -MO
ReplyDelete