He was invited by Tri-County Pheasants Forever to a special youth hunt. This is the youth coordinator for the chapter. He was really amazing. I can see why they have won an award something like 5 years in a row.
The day started out with a round of trap. However, this was not normal trap. It was a in the field kind of trap. It was a lot harder than Matt expected. He got a nice bruise on his cheek from it.
Then it was time to hit the field. It was a pretty warm day. I loved this but I guess the dogs don't do so well. This is Dave giving his buddy a drink of water.
This was Matt right before he shot his bird. I missed that. I really want another shot at this. It took a bit to learn when to be ready for the birds to fly up.
All three boys did.
Korby was excited too!
I really loved being around the dogs. I know they were working but this was the break time.
Korby was very well behaved.
Seriously! What an amazing group of men. They spent an entire Saturday away from family to share the sport with these there. I am forever grateful!
It had a 22" tail. I guess that is great in pheasant world.
This guy showed Matt how to clean it to save the cape for Fly Tying. This really got Matt excited.
Nice to know this won't be going to waste. The meat was so good too! I really want more pheasant.
Yes, that was one very happy kid. He talked and talked and talked about it.
Sometimes you just have to realize how incredible it is to have strangers take time out to share something they love.
He will never forget this day.























No comments:
Post a Comment