We have a new addition to our family.
Matthew finally got his puppy. We have been putting it off for quite a while.
Matthew has had a name picked out for over a year in fact.
I wonder...
if this little guy knows how lucky he is. He was truly loved before he was even born.
and if I am crazy!
Most of you see a cute little furry face, but I see Matthew's first broken heart. Dogs have taught me so much in my life about love and seeing Matthew parent his little puppy makes me smile. It also makes me feel like a grandma babysitting right now!
I should also tell you were this puppy came from. Matthew's best buddy from school had an uncle that had puppies. Someone stole the mommy dog!!! They puppies were orphaned at 5 weeks old. Lucky enough they had just started eating puppy food. Chester is a very young puppy. In fact he has tried nursing on Charlie a few times. Charlie finds this incredibly horrifying.
Well if nothing else I have some new material to photograph!




I already love your new little man! What a cutie! Matthew will be a perfect "daddy" to this pup, I just know it. I hope Matthew knows how lucky he is to have a mom like you. :) Some of my best memories from my childhood are taking care of litters of Springer Spaniel puppies. Come to think of it, maybe my kids need a puppy! ;) Enjoy him...they grow SO FAST!
ReplyDelete