Matt and I spent another day with our Hiawatha peeps today. They were doing a stream restoration project. Matt really wanted to help but due to the chainsaws and giant nail gun Ray suggested we help with lunch. This was a perfect idea. We showed up at 11:45 and grilled brats and dogs for all the guys helping. I loved making lunch and getting everything ready. We also cleaned up everything after they were done.
I was voted the new cook of Hiawatha. I would rather cook any day than run a chainsaw.
Matt used the lunch break to show everyone the flies he has been tying.
I love this picture with the bunkers in the background.
These are the bunkers they are building. These are seriously impressive. They build these boxes and they bury them on the sides of the banks. They put large rocks over them and it creates a cave for the fish to hide in. These become natural nesting grounds and the fish population grows...as well as the size of the fish.
Matthew was talking this guy's ear off about how badly he wanted to fish the stream they were working on.
I believe strongly in conservation. I think what Matthew is seeing is something that will make a real difference in the streams he will fish in years to come. He does not even realize it but what he did today(although, it was a small part of the day) will make a big difference for the fishing he will do at this stream someday. I was very proud to be a part of it.









No comments:
Post a Comment