Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Life is good...


Dear World,
     I found this picture today and wanted to share it with you. Our lives have changed so much since it was taken... and we are finally getting our footing. We have an incredible new teacher and Matt is thriving in school. I could not be more impressed by his sense of humor, kindness, even being stern when needed to be, and a true love for what he does. In fact his only flaw is that he is a Packer's fan(if you ask Matt) 
      Mike's new career has taken hold and the company is growing stronger everyday. His boss called me yesterday to tell me how hard he is trying to get us someplace that works for us to be a family. He is an incredibly honorable and Godly man and it is nice to see.
      My faith is finally growing again after a bit of a sabbatical... time, space and reflection have showed me how much it was hurt by the wrong influence. I will choose my teachers with greater clarity in the future. I take some responsibility too(don't get me wrong)
      Our dog population....well it was 2 then 3 then 2 then 3 and now 2 again. We had fostered a little hound dog that we called PJ. He was here when we had to put Charlie down. We all tried to resist his charms but he floppy ears and coon baying won us all over as he licked our crying faces. What can I say... the Willits are dog people.
       Me...Well, I have finally managed to get a handle on things (between photo shoots and editing) but the yard? Well thankfully my new neighbors are not yard people either. They totally get the morning glories growing in the center of the yard! I miss the days when Mike made this his personal battle. Someday:-) I am really loving life right now though. Despite the unconventionalness of it. I am so thankful to have such a man beside me. He is my hero and he knows it.  I also value the closeness I have found with Mike's grandma. I really should start writing down all the stories she has told me. I would not trade our time for anything!
        Well that just about sums it up! Off to pick up Matt from and early out day. Lucky kid
~M

No comments:

Post a Comment