We took a little trip home recently. We had two goals. One was to replace Mike's grandma's floor for her. We have been wanting to do this for a very long time. My husband is so incredibly good at this stuff and watching him is one of my favorite things.
The next goal was of course fly fishing for the Willits men.
All of them! Including grandpa Bob!
yeah... so the plan was for me to follow them to the river, take a few photos come back up and return to grandma Cheryl. I even took photos of this sign and still missed a very important fact. It seems the trail is A MILE AND A HALF!!! each way. Well despite being in my flip flops and having no water on a very hot day, the only thing I really hated was the return trip by myself.
worth it for a photo like this!
It has a balcony! I think having coffee from here most be amazing!
Old railroad ties decorate the landscape
Mining equipment stands abandoned in the yard.
I wonder if this is what his dreams look like?
and so I started my accent... back up 1.5 miles to the car...no water...no company... no good shoes... no whining allowed though! It was beautiful and peaceful.
Then I saw it! It was the most beautiful thing ever! Our car!! Full of water...glorious water... and AC. I hugged it.
and then I looked at the sign that I had missed previously... Signs are only good if you read them(that is my public service announcement)
I was soaking up the scenery on the way back to the cabin and loving the Montana air, the view... being there when a man on a 4 wheeler stopped by my window and asked if I was lost. I had to laugh... nope, I am not lost at all I said. I am doing quite well. You can see him in this photo. He is right in front of the mirror.
Two hours later I returned to the bridge to see my favorite sight. The most amazing man in the world, doing what he loves to do most... in the place that he loves the most. It was a beautiful sight.
This is without question in his dreams...
Back to the cabin we went for some R&R. This is what is referred to as the swimming hole. We told Matt on the way out to be prepared for some cold water. He laughed us off and said.."Please, I am a Minnesota kid".... turns out he might have toughened up a lot this summer but he has his moms wimpyness for cold water!
I tried to bribe him with $5.00 but he still could not jump in. I would bet the water was about 48 degrees.
guess who still wanted to fish!
and that is part one of our Montana trip







































































No comments:
Post a Comment