Thursday, December 2, 2010

Showing God's true grace

I heard once that circumstance is what makes us. You are only ordinary until circumstance. 
Circumstance can make you a leader, a follower or something in between.
Circumstance happened to Jenny McCutcheon. Really all the McCutcheons to be fair. I am choosing to write this about Jenny because her grace amazed me.
Jenny opened her home in a split second to her Mother in Law. She found ways to keep her Father in law living there too and not have to return home, several states away.
She provided shelter for an unending slew of visitors as well as meals and love.
But more than any of that she showed Linda love and compassion right up until her last breath.
Last night at 2:30 Linda took her last breath...and Jenny and her sister in law were there with her.
Linda, God's grace in you will live on in those who you have touched. 
Jenny will make sure of that. 
My heart is with the McCutcheon family today as they put the pieces back together.

Mark, I am so sorry for the loss of your mom. 
Don, words could never say how sad I am for you to be without Linda

If you are a McCutcheon then today is bitter sweet. Linda is no longer in pain and her earthy body has given out. She has gone on to be in the Grace of God.  That does not mean we don't miss her. 


No comments:

Post a Comment