Matthew decided the other day that he wanted to challenge me to a fish cook off. I am not sure where this came from but it happened right after watching the movie Ratattoui so I am guessing that made him want to be a chef. He made his list...Tilapia(I still don't know why this is the fish he choose) shrimp. lemon pepper, and basil leaves.
At the store he insisted on getting the whole fish no matter what his mother said. This lead to me filleting the fish before we started cooking...I am amazed that I could do this. I have not done that since we lived in Montana years ago.
I know you can cook them whole but that is not what we were going for, I guess.
Matthew made a seafood dish with pan fried Tilapia and shrimp with lemon pepper and fresh basil.
I considered my audience and went for simple fish and chips...
speaking of audience...this is our judge, James. Matthew's sweet friend from school.
He picked Matthew's fish(don't tell Matthew but I told him to pick it) he did however, scarf everything from both plates down so it must have been good.
Matthew did almost all of it himself too. Pretty impressive. Maybe next week he will be cooking for me on his own.







I want to be a judge at the next contest! Yummy!
ReplyDeleteNaturally, I don't agree with Amy. YUCKY! I have never purchased fish. :) What a boring cook I am! I think, I am also raising fish haters.
ReplyDeleteWow, that actually looks pretty yummy! I was afraid for you at first, but now you may just have a chef on your hands!
ReplyDelete