You know it is bad when I get an email today from Jenny asking..."Are you OK?"
It took me back for a second...hmmm....why would she think I am not okay? Oh, that is right, for months and months she got to hear me cry about my lonely life. Now, Mike is here and we are working from the time the sun comes up until the sun goes down and then in between I have done photo shoot after photo shoot.
It suddenly occured to me that I have not had any time at all to do anything else. I have not been able to read a magazine, be on Pinterest(an amazing website), or even call my BFF.
Maybe part of it is that I work for an evil dictator that pushed me to get going at 7:30 in the morning when Matt walks out the door. Maybe part of it is that our new frames are starting to take off and be a hit. They are so darn beautiful too!! Maybe it is just having more energy again now that my life does not feel so sucky. Maybe it is just working beside my amazing husband.
Whatever it is, it is nice.
I am almost caught up with my photo shoots. I will share more of them in the days to come. I know most of you prefer to see pictures of our family and not strangers. However, I want you to see who I am becoming as a photographer. I am finally liking her:-)I know that sounds strange but Jenny and Shana can attest to the fact that I have a hard time owning my own style.
These photos are from a family shoot I did for a friend. Truth be told it was to prove to them that I was not the worst photographer in the world after I had failed(my words btw) at an earlier shoot over last winter. Some of these photos will probably be lifetime favorites of mine. The best part of this shoot was the thank you's I received from Brian and Betsy.
Yes, I am finding my style...between 3:00 and 3:15 when I get my one and only coffee break.
I have to say that I am very thankful that I married someone so incredibly driven.
Dear Mark McCutcheon, Please borrow my husband on Friday to build your table. I could really really use a day off. ~Monica




I am more than HAPPY to send Mark over to "build" my table! :) He is off all day. You tell me a time...and he'll be over. He will be taking a trip to Savers to drop off some junk...and then van will be empty...that might be a good time to go fill it with wood. I am super excited about this...I needed a project next week to work on...sanding...painting!!! Please, can we clone Mike? Or maybe...Mark will learn a thing...or TWO! :)
ReplyDeleteYes, your frames are amazing...the prices are amazing...and the company owners are amazing! Have a great Thursday!
oh those sweet little faces. Don't you just want to kiss their cheeks off?! We decided the 3 kids in the desks are going in the collage frames. This one of Andrew is just too precious. I may be slightly biased :)
ReplyDeleteLove, Betsy