Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The truth is...

 I have been feeling like the worst photographer in the world the past few days...
Honestly, I think most of it is just getting used to my new camera. There is also the fact that I really love to follow so many amazing photographers. This is what pushes me to be better but also makes me feel so  incredibly inadequate somedays.
My mentor gave me the best advice once upon a time...
You have to get worse before you get better
Then I sucked it up and processed this photo shoot.
...Maybe I am not so bad
Just a quick time out: I am seriously not blogging this for all of you to tell me nice things. I seriously had a moment that I thought I was done being a photographer(not that I call myself one) Then I got an email from someone that I recently took photos with that reminded me why I do this. 
Then I worked on these photos...and they took my breath away. 
I am getting there...
 I am finding the perfect black and white for me...
 I am finding the perfect color for me...
 I am finding the perfect light for me...


and that camera...
I am growing into it. 

Sometime I will share with you the email that brought me back from the depths of giving up.

1 comment:

  1. You are your worst fan! Monica, don't listen to yourself...listen to EVERYONE around you. You do a great job! If you quit...who will take our entire town's photos?! :) We don't want to go with what would be left as our options. Keep your chin up and keep learning.

    ReplyDelete