Some of you think I crawled up in a corner and just come out for food I am sure. Some of you probably think I have not been doing anything as my posting has been so slim this summer...and some of you probably don't care! Ha!
But the truth is I am alive and well. I can't believe how much work it is to go on vacation, before and after! I have had so much to do since I have returned and on top of that I have been exhausted. Okay, getting up at 6:30 again does not help. I am however very much hanging in there. I spent the whole day today editing photos and it was very enjoyable. I will have to share a few soon,
Right now though I want to take a moment to post these photos from the day before we left for Atlanta.
Our trout peeps at Hiawatha host an annual Fly Fishing event for veterans and Mike and I very much wanted to be a part of it. Naturally it was of course the one day we had zero time. Mike had gotten into Rochester at 11 p.m. the night before and we flew out the next day pretty early. We both knew despite not having time we had to do this event.
Ray offered Matthew a few flies that he had tied. Mike and Matthew carefully picked them out together.
The turnout was pretty amazing
This cute kid was a little younger than Matt. He was there with his dad who was a veteran. Mike worked with the both of them.
of course there was information about bugs!
This is the dad I was talking about. I hope they enjoyed it. We had to leave early so I never got a chance to ask them. I hope Mike helped start a life long love like he and Matthew have.
There is Ray. Clair would have loved him.
fly lines everywhere
And of course Marlene was there. She always makes me smile. Next week I will be working really close with her for a weekend fly fishing campout called the Driftless Rendezvous. I promise lots of pictures.
This was one of the two WWII vets that attended. He was the sweetest man. He knew so much about the history of the area. A true treasure.
This was the other one and he was actually learning how to fly fish! Now that is a wonderful thing.
By the way...in the midst of the event Matthew who was fishing about where I was standing in this bottom picture managed to catch a duck! This was much to the horror of the other people at the event. I guess he thought the fly was popcorn?? Mike helped him free the duck as onlookers gasped. Mike assured them that it was just because Matthew was so good he could catch anything.























No comments:
Post a Comment