Saturday, March 12, 2011

The best birthday a girl could ever ask for...and then some.

I thought it was enough...
The cards from loved ones..you know the ones...with the handwriting that always makes you happy!
Then there was the super chocolatey cheesecake that Jenny brought over...
It came with it's own personal inscription.. "If McCutcheon's made this...
it's good" Um...yeah! So true. I still have over half of it left. It is so rich and yummy. I am not lying when I say that Jenny is trying to fatten us up so we can't get out of our house. 
Then Shana stopped by bearing gifts for me! Last year she gave me a cut grass candle that saved my life as winter lingered after my birthday...Oh, how I miss that candle! This year it was jewelry and coffee..and a pear bath and body works plug in that rocks!Oh and daffodils! Yeah for a hint of spring!
Then my darling husband started acting very strange....he was mumbling and talking about getting a sitter..dinner reservations...etc...I begged him not to get a sitter as I wanted to be with both my boys on my birthday(don't get me wrong, I love dates with my husband but we were on limited time this year)We decided to go downtown Rochester and take a few photos before dinner.
10 minutes in...about 30 seconds after this picture...Matthew started complaining and whining and saying he did not feel good. I got mad that I fought for him to be there and he was acting like this...(to be continued) 
Mike thought maybe getting Matthew something to eat at Starbucks would help..I was confused because our reservations were in 10 minutes and that did not make any sense..Then we were running late and Mike was okay with it???WHAT? Mike is never ever late???I should have known right then...That should have been my clue...but instead I was just annoyed that he was making me late:-) I guess he has rubbed off on me after all these years. 
There it is! The restaurant we had reservations at! One of the yummiest places to eat in Rochester. See the Chester's sign. 
And then I finally got it! When I stepped up to tell the hostess our name she looked totally confused and Mike softly pushed me out of the way to say "Birthday party under the name Jenny" OH!!! That is what is up... 
Then I rounded the corner and saw a table full of all the women in my current life that I adore and admire and love!
Becky had been in Arizona visiting her mother and had not even been home to say hello yet...
Tears flowed down my face...
I kissed my adorable husband goodbye and thanked him for a wonderful day and sat down to enjoy my last birthday in Rochester...and possibly ever with these wonderful women.
It was perfect....
I love you all very much!
Oh and to continue the Matthew story...he came home with Mike and threw up three times! Mom of the year..yet again. 

3 comments:

  1. sweet birthday blessings you gem of a gal!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Mon!! (sorry it's late!) Where are you headed to? I'm sorry it was a happy/sad birthday for you. Hugs!! Lisa

    ReplyDelete