Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Charlie turns 11



 Before I get to the birthday party...
A message to Mike
from your short haired cutie!






and a message from Portis, who naturally is not feeling good today. 
 Today Charlie turned 11. Yes, many of you will laugh that we had a little party for him. Matthew and I made puppy cakes and dog bones for him. 
 he was very grateful!
He even blew out his candles by himself! (Well not really)
 Then it was time for his present...
an entire bag of balls!!
All Jokes aside. Charlie's birthday is always a time when I reflect back on Mike and I and our life together. Charlie has been such a huge part of it. We had him almost two years before Matthew came into it. He has seen all our homes together. He has been with us through good times and the occasional bad ones too. We have a lot of history with him and to see him get old is a sad and wonderful thing. I am thankful for dogs that love and adore kids. I am thankful for dogs that love to just be with us. Charlie is a really good dog and it is bittersweet to see him turn 11. 
Maybe later Matthew and I can take him swimming. 

No comments:

Post a Comment