Over the weekend Mike and I cleaned out the garage... In the pile of things we donated there was a pair of roller blades. Mike insisted that he did not know where they came from. I insisted that they were Matthew's. Nope...Mike and Matthew both told me that his pair was hanging up in the bag on the wall. "Mom, I took them to school remember?? Everything is in that bag right there"
Shortly there after Matt had taken them down and started skating laps around Mike and I. That is when he pointed out a few cool features that he loved about his skates.
That is when it hit me...
These were not HIS skates..they were MY skates
Problem is, they fit him perfectly...
I was sad for a few minutes.
Then I found myself a few new pair of flip flops that had been sitting in the entry way.
FYI: I still remember when I finally could wear my moms shoes. She had really tiny feet. She had a pair of brown strappy high heels that I loved.
They fit me for about a week
I am sure Matt's feet will be bigger than mine in about a week too.
I love you Mattie
not only because you are my child
but because you are amazing
Thank you God for picking him out for us.





No comments:
Post a Comment