Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Day one of Atlanta

I took this shot as we waited anxiously to board our flight. It still amazes me that we can get so far away in just a few hours. Flying down to Atlanta is just a 2 and a half hour flight. I think I am the only one who feels blessed every time I get on an airplane. However, this flight was not one of my best. I however loved the lady next to me. It was fun to have company in my annoyance:-) 
 We arrived in Atlanta(the largest airport in the US) with directions from Uncle Craig. He and Mike spoke the same language and it felt like we had done it 100 times before. 
 When we arrived back at the house we were greeted by a cute little lizard. Matthew and I were in love with him. We were trying to figure out how to bring him home with us. Then he asked where we were from and when we said Minnesota he flew off Matt's shoulder and ran for the woods! He likes warm weather, I guess.
 he was cute! Even with only half a tail.
 I don't know what is more interesting in these photos? The lizard or how dirty my son's fingers are. I am sorry...he has spent ever day this summer fishing. At this point it is permadirt! 


 Lauri and Craig might have been gone but they had a hospitality crew there to greet us.
 This is Ty. He managed to get outside almost right away. No big deal we thought...until Grandma Dot told us on the phone that the cats had never been outside and to not let them out....um...what??? We spend many hours on our first night looking for Ty. We found out later that he knows what he is doing. 
 Then there was Beaumont. Mike fell hard for Beau. He had many one on one talks with him. 
 He and Beau just loved each other.
I have to say that I just adore my husband and his love for animals. He frequently calls me to tell me about a cow or a horse that won't leave him alone at work. He has had many dogs almost climb into his truck when he was leaving them. He has a gentle spirit that animals see and I love that about him. I think people who don't get that are really missing out. 
This was Baby. He belonged to Chelsea and he was a sweet baby. She rescued him. He was found in a cardboard box on a super hot day beside a road by Savannah Georgia. He had ring worm and a whole bunch of other things. He almost died...Yes, Chelsea has the animal whisperer's heart too. Baby is very lucky to be loved by Chelsea. 

Once we got checked into our "hotel" Owen. We found a place to eat. We were all craving pizza.
 This was one of our waiters...one of the many hundreds of super nice people that weaved their way into our vacation. 
Now that is pizza.
After we ate we relaxed at the "Hotel Owen" and enjoyed our only day without baseball. 
We already loved Atlanta


No comments:

Post a Comment