Yes, twelve years ago today he was born into this world. He was in a litter of 8. When Mike and I went to pick him out he was the one that didn't really want anything to do with us. He was playing with a leaf and I will never forget him crinkling it with his cute little nose. He was little...really little. He spent the first two years of his life with Mike every waking moment. Mike always tells me that is why he is such a good boy. He really is a very good boy. No one ever believes us but he when we got him at 45 days old he was already house broken. He never had any accidents that were his fault. He has always been so gentle around kids that I am in awe of him. He has also brought me so much comfort in the last few months as he sleeps by the door always to make sure I am safe. Yes, he is worth every penny we have ever spent on him. That includes vets, food, and anything else. He has taught Matthew the power of true and honest love and dependancy. He has been a huge addition to our family. Mike and I can't imagine life before Charlie.
For his birthday he got two of his favorite things. A 5 pound bone, and some time to himself at the pond.
His tail wagged the entire time
Blue skies, water and a tennis ball. What more could a 12 year old lab want... Maybe the nap that he needed after returning from the pond.







No comments:
Post a Comment