Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Jenny....and legos


What would I do without you??? I can't imagine it. You are so much more than a friend. You are my big part of my Lego!
FYI: When I first met Jenny we would talk for hours at the fence. I would have to be perched and balanced on a tree stump(not a flat one either) and she would be looking up at my eight foot floating head. It was a lot like the neighbor on the show Home Improvement. During one of those first conversations she told me a little wisdom that has stuck with me. She told me her theory about how people where a lot like Legos. We only have so many spaces before we are full. During different times in your life different people will fill your Lego holes. They will always be a part of your wall but your holes are filled by those you need.
I have thought about this a lot over the years since....I have thought about all the people who have filled my Lego holes and who will always fill my Lego. Really....this is important if you want a strong wall:-) Okay, enough about Legos(it really is ironic that I posted about them yesterday)
Now all about Jenny!
Jenny is:
My moral compass
The Aunt Matthew will never have
The person I call when I am out of sugar
The person I call when I need to vent
A really really good person
A super fashionable dresser
One of my favorite photography subjects(well her whole family anyway)
One of the smartest people I know(just below Mike)
sooooooooo important to me!
Thank you so much Jenny! I am humbled by being your friend. You were placed in my life and I am so thankful. It is so wonderful to have you. I hope you have a great birthday!

1 comment:

  1. (I look crazy in that photo!) :)

    You are a friend that EVERYONE should want to have. You are the real thing. You are ALWAYS generous and encouraging. YOU are someone that I wouldn't want to live without! Thank you for your kind words and wishes. I am blessed to have you so close by. Thanks for loving me and all my crazy ways.

    ReplyDelete