Okay, I know I can be the queen of bargain shopping. I hate buying anything that is not a good deal. I hardly ever buy anything full price. Matthew has been asking for Star Wars Legos for Christmas. I have started to put my feelers out and watch for a good deal. Yeah! Right! I have decided that Legos are the American Girl Doll for boys(they both have big huge stores in the Mall of America) They both are way over priced, and they both are very popular and hard to find on sale. Really, someone tell me what the mark up is on legos? They have not changed the shapes or colors in years. They have to be getting pretty good deals from suppliers. A machine probably cranks those puppies out by the thousands....and yet they are more expensive than if they were made out of precious metal. I tried to google "what is the markup on legos" only to find links to sites selling them. I guess it is a real big secret. I wonder why. Ironically in the middle of my realization that Legos were actually Goldgos they ran a segment on the news about Legos being one of the only companies thriving right now. Hmmmm could it be that they only need to sell a few kits a day to pay for the overhead? It is too bad that they really are one of the only toys out there that help build boys minds. If anyone sees a good deal on Star Wars Legos....let me know:-)



Hey, that's what Grandparents are for! Wait...Hannah thinks that Grandma will buy her an American Girl Doll....yeah, right. She's going to be VERY sad.
ReplyDeleteAlthough, if anyone will find the deal of the season...it's YOU! Can you find me 3 American Girl Dolls for Christmas? Or can you find me a Grandma who wants to buy 3 American Girl Dolls for 3 American girls? :) I think my girls would die if they were under our tree. So, get working on that, my "Little Elf"!
would you even want one if I could find one? When I was at the MOA I could not even believe that people were paying for doll "hairdressers" Then there was the accessories~ $80.00 for a little table and chairs! Trust me Jenny~that is a whole new can of worms. Be AGD Free..Oh, wait they have the new "homeless girl" her bio says she lives in the car with her mom(true story) I could get you three of those. I am guessing there won't be many accessories...and you already have a car:-)
ReplyDeleteI just had to look...Shana you are going to flip!
ReplyDeleteThey charge $10-20.00 to style the dolls hair(you should see how simple it is too)
Um...you can add a facial for $5.00!!!
Here is the kicker....you can have her ears pierced for $14.00
need proof:
http://www.americangirl.com/stores/experience_salon.php
Run Jenny Run!
Am I the only one who thinks this is crazy? I wonder if the hairstylists get tips????
FYI: If any of you have an American doll I will style hair, wash faces, and pierce ears for half of that:-)
I say sharpen your elbows and head out on Black Friday. There must be Lego deals somewhere, right?
ReplyDeleteLOL on googling the Lego markup! It must be enormous!!!