Matthew, Hannah, and Carter all got to experience the Pinewood Derby race in Awana this year. I have to say the church they are going to was the best for this. It was so relaxed and fun.
This is the three of them in line waiting to get the cars weighted
Then they get to put them out for dispay
Matthew was even lucky enough to have his dad there..a very big blessing that we were not sure would be possible.
All three cars had made a stop at "Monica's Pinewood Derby Graphics Shop" I love being able to do that for them. I have to say Hannah's car was the most fun being that it was girly! Carter's is the red one beside hers.
Here is Matt's. He wanted Chrome flames!
Then the races began...They went on fore....ever...
How cute are the faces!
I love this one of Hannah so much!
I love these two pictures... Okay look at the kid on the left in the top one and then look at him in the bottom one. He was praying so hard for his car.
This is Hannah and her friend Kaitlin's car racing side by side.
Here come's Matt's again.
Matt's car was actually doing quite well. This is one of the later races that he was in. Watch his face as you scroll through these next photos.
Hannah and Kaitlin's cars on the starting peg
Matt's final race
He was one happy kid!
This next series of pictures is Hannah hoping to get a trophy for design...first third..
Please...Please...Please...
what???
She was pretty happy! She took home second place for her 2CUTE pink car.
Then it was time for Matthew to get his award!
He and Hannah have to keep everything equal! He took home second for speed!
Here is Hannah(2nd in design) Kaitlin(1st!!!in design) and Matthew(2nd in speed) all in Mrs. Hansen's class. She sure has quite a class this year.
The real prize of the night was having Mike home with us though.
Thank you Mike for driving 8 hours out of your way to be here for Matthew. We are so glad you were here.
Here is a video of one of Matt's races if you want to check it out.




































It was worth every mile to be there. I love you both. Mike
ReplyDelete