Tuesday, May 10, 2011

ahhhhhh summer!

 Hey Minnesota...
What's the deal?
A month ago it was below zero
A week ago it was in the 30s 
Today it was almost 90????
I think you have to live here to get how weird the weather is. I think we have 2 seasons Winter and Summer...
Summer is fantastic!
Winter...not so much.

 So what do you do on the first really nice day of the year?
You take your best friend fishing..thank goodness she likes to fish!
 She even borrowed Matt's shoes:-) 
 Let me interrupt this fishing story for a poem Hannah told me yesterday...

Some people are nice..
Some people are critics...
But no one will ever compare to Monica Willits

She totally caught me at the right moment too, because I cried.
 We only had about 30 minutes to fish so it was good thing they were practically jumping out of the pond at them.

 Hannah may like to fish and have a best friend that is a boy but she still does not like to touch worms or get fish off her hook! I had no problem doing this for her.
 Matt lost his fishing spot when he stopped to put a new worm on 
 Hannah caught the fish that had been stealing his worm in that spot...


 They were so darn cute! I felt like I was in the movie "My Girl" 
 When we returned back home we found the rest of the clan running though the sprinkler!!! What? Running though the sprinkler at 7:30 at night on May 10th in Minnesota??Are you kidding???
 Matt and Hannie jumped right in...and then the sun set over them as they tasted the first hint of summer







 And the sunset??? It was amazing!

Even Gigi and Lightning were impressed. 
In case I have not mentioned them before... These two have been overlooking the Cutcheon's yard since the first birthday that I knew Hannah and Carter. I made these for them as a birthday gift.
They have been well loved.
They have been asking for a  new animal to overlook them since then but I can't figure out what to make.

1 comment: