Ahhhh...the job of laundry
When I was a kid my dad always told us whatever we found in his pockets we could keep if we did the laundry..
More often than not this was just a handful of coins(mostly pennies)
Once in a great while you would get lucky and come across a wadded up paper bill, but this was not the norm by any means.
Still, it gave some hope of striking it rich during an otherwise mundane hated chore.
Fast forward 20+ years later and the job may be the same but the treasures that I find sure have changed.
After washing a load of Matt's pants I heard a clanking sound coming from inside the wash tub.
Here is my bounty!!!
A sample spoon from the new ice cream shop(I wonder if he kept this as a souvenir from the experience)
A Chucky Cheese Token(we all know why this is valuable to a 9 year old)
A rust colored rock that looks like melted glass...a favorite I am sure
and a tiny white rock that looks more like a tooth....hmmm
I guess I am still not going to strike it rich doing laundry...unless I am 9 then I bet this would have been a good score.
Prep For: Q4 Business Increase
2 weeks ago



That is a treasure! I always get garbage and wrappers in our laundry. Ugh! Why do they have to bring their garbage home from school? Don't they have garbage cans at school? I'll never understand.
ReplyDeleteGarbage is something you hand to your mother!!!
ReplyDelete