So this is the story of Hoppy...
Last Wednesday Matthew talked me into going to the pet store to "look" at Parakeets.
It is kind of a long story but we inherited a cage and everything needed including a book on parakeets.
Matthew was convinced it was the perfect pet for him.
I was not so sure...a bird???
Well my biggest mistake was going to the pet store...
I guess Parakeets are great pets for Matt..
Next thing I know I am walking out of the pet store with "Hoppy"
Matt is ecstatic! He is skipping and jumping and telling me how I am the best mom in the world...
I am thinking...."Mike is going to kill me"
Well this little bird was everything they said it would be...it was so cute and it loved Matthew so much. It would freak out if Matthew left the room. It absolutely loved him. He loved it too.
A lot actually....
So when I got woke up on Father's day morning with a ..."mom....something is wrong with Hoppy" followed by a little bird taking his last breath in my arms and a completely devastated child...not to mention a husband who was less than thrilled in seeing Matthew's heart broken...lets just say it was not a great day.
Matthew's friends came together for his incredibly broken heart. This was his card from the McCutcheon's. I have to say it made all of us cry.
Then he got a picture from Huddy of Hoppy flying around Heaven with the butterflies...
After a day of debating and talking about it we decided to take our dead bird back to the pet store..Yes, this was...hmm....an experience. The first thing I asked was if it was okay if we took "Hoppy" home with us so we could bury him. Matthew almost hugged them when they said that they would love if he would do that.
Then they helped us pick out "Chipper"
Yes, we are a regular nature center at the moment...
We have Praying Mantis babies..
a crayfish that just molted
and now a Parakeet
Oh and don't forget Portis and Charlie
I might be able to charge admission soon.
In case you are wondering we did have a nice funeral for Hoppy...
"Hoppy"
he was a good bird
R.I.P
~Matthew






No comments:
Post a Comment