Saturday, June 11, 2011

State Fair Lemonade

 My very first job was making lemonade at the Montana State Fair...
I was always amazed at how easy it was to make and yet how much people paid for it!
It was really good...
I have always remembered the recipe. The past few days I have been craving it. I honestly do not think I have made it since then. I was 15!!!
Last night I taught Matt. I created a lemonadeoligist:-)
 yes, these are limes...Sam's club was out of lemons yesterday. We started with limeade 




 I think this is his favorite part
I bet he has already made 10 or more... this was him making one this afternoon for Hannah.
He like them so much that I bought him some tools today. 
 Here is how you make State Fair Lemonade at home and not pay $2.50 a glass for it
You need a lemon, simple syrup, and that is basically it.
To make it easier you can add a juicer(I bought this one at Walmart today) and a shaker glass. You can also just use two large glasses you have already.
 If you don't know what simple syrup is here is how I make mine.. I fill a jar up half way with sugar, add warm water for the other 50%, put the lid on, shake it up, let it sit until the sugar is dissolved and then put it in the fridge. 
 Truly the secret to this recipe is the freshness and the exact made to order glass by glass yumminess! 
Okay, so here is how you make your own SFL
Take one lemon or lime(if the limes are small I use 2) and roll them on the counter to get them soft...Then cut it in half.
 Juice it by hand..or with a juicer depending on what you have available
 add it to your shaker or mixing glass, add 3/4 cup of simple syrup, fill the rest of the glass with ice and then fill with water until full. Once it is full pour back and fourth a few times to mix...and walla! 
Your perfect glass of State Fair Lemonade...that did not cost you $2.50

4 comments:

  1. Oh, my! That looks like too much work for me. Can you imagine me making that for all my kids. :) LOL! I'll just send them to Matthew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Work, yes, but I was coming here to comment on how GOOD it looks! And that I want one RIGHT now. (But sadly have no lemons in my house.)

    By the way, how can the woman who will be sanding, hole-filling, priming and painting 3 (4?) beds say that mixing up 4 individual glasses of lemonade is "too much work"? Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. JENNY!!! You are missing the point! Matt already taught Carter, now he can teach Hannah. Set them up outside and they can make them for the whole family. There is no work for you...just hose them off when they get sticky;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Matthew can then teach Kaden! YEAH! Lemonades for all!

    ReplyDelete