Saturday, September 10, 2011

Happy birthday Shana

My friend Shana has a birthday today. Her birthday is the day before 9/11 and this year makes me see her birthday in a different light. Both our boys are about the same age and we both would have been pregnant when the towers fell. I can't imagine waking up the day after my birthday pregnant and seeing the world change so much. 
I will never forget the day I met Shana. A neighbor introduced us and we ended up talking for hours. Then our boys ended up deciding to go to my house without asking us. We were only a street apart so this would not normally have been a big deal but they were both under the age of 4 and they disappeared! We had so much in common and it was so nice to find someone who shared my point of view on life. 
Dear Shana, You are one of my favorite people in the world. I have loved being a part of your life for the past 5 years. You are seriously one of the prettiest people I know, on the inside and out. I love your passion for stay at home mothering. You are an amazing mother. You always make me laugh and you tolerate me even when I am annoyed by everyone on the beach;-) 
It still breaks my heart that you moved across town and we never made it to the beach more like we promised...*sigh* So glad I may get another chance at it.
Thank you for being a better friend to me than I have been to you this past year too. I know that sounds cheesy but that is how I really feel. 

 Thank you so much for all the laughs we have had, you are the sister I never had. 
Here is to us in 50 years! 
I can't wait to see what this year brings for us. No more trips during the NW gsales or it is over though!!

3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, Shana! I hope that Jer bought you your special carrot cake. It was so great to chat with you at the RAC. I felt like it was the first, real conversation that we had. Here is to many more in the NEAR future! OK, when is the next "girl's night out"? I am more than ready for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I should have said that I was Jenny M! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am all for a girls night soon! How about some fall gsales?

    ReplyDelete