Friday, October 14, 2011

Apples apples everywhere!

Mike and Matthew were gone the past week on the annual "men only" trip to Montana. I ended up down on the SE part of town. I saw a sign for apple picking on a road I had never been on. I was up for an adventure so I took the road. When I came to the top of the hill I saw it...It was one of the prettiest orchards I had ever seen. Such beautiful big apple trees! They were spaced farther apart than most orchards. It was breathtaking. I stopped and picked a few apples and promised the woman running the orchard that I would return...with my friend Jenny who LOVED orchards. Tuesday after school(and Matthew) I did return with Jenny. We had so much fun!The lady met us at the gate and gave us the royal treatment. She was so kind. We spent about an hour picking apples and taking a few photos. Then we went down to meet up with her to "check out". That is when she gave the kids bread to feed the chickens and had the kids pick more apples off the ground to feed the cows. It was the best day ever for them. 
I came home and made the best applesauce I had ever tasted!
If you need apples let me know and I can tell you how to find this little hidden secret in Rochester!



Thank you Sue, for your incredible hospitality. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is beautiful. And what a glorious day it looks like you had!

    ReplyDelete