Matthew and I decided to celebrate our birthdays up at the Mall of America. They have an amusement park in the middle of it.
We went on a weekday to avoid the big crowds.
I spent the morning riding rides and having fun with all the boys so my pictures start at lunch.
Matthew really wanted to take James to the place we took him to months ago. It is where the wait staff is allowed to mess with your kids(if you give them permission)
After asking us if we had been there before and if we were okay with the shenanigans...they welcomed Matthew's friend with a mustache! I have to say I was a little freaked out as she drew it on with a sharpie. I was sure I would have to give James back to his mom with a sharpie mustache. I had visions of James headed to school the next day with a mustache.
Matthew and James got right to work bugging the waitress
This is her "you are so going to get it" look
after being warned a few times Matthew was held down and given a mustache too. Okay, I know that many of you are wondering...what the heck. This waiter was actually quite good at asking Matthew if he was okay. Matthew was warned and he was having a blast.
Eating here really is lunch and a show.
See the plate in the waitresses hand...
She pied Matthew in the face for his birthday! Oh, and I got one too! Thanks to Mike telling them that it was my birthday.
Matthew was making this face on purpose. He was perfectly happy...and covered in whip cream.
back to the rides...
The boys loved the log ride. This did this ride over and over again.
Matthew said he had made a deal with himself when he was here for his friend Kaden's 8th birthday that he would do this ride when he was 10!
So he nervously marched up to it after about 15 other rides and said I am ready.
I wish I had pictures from the first time they did it but I was on it too. This is probably the 3rd time.
This is also when I found out that I was getting old. I love rides, I always have. I have to say though that now that I am older the thrill has been replaced by the body slamming, head jarring, whiplash, ache. This ride throws your head around like a volleyball during and Olympic match.
upside down...
I talked them into doing this ride...they thought it was pretty boring.
These rides are my all time favorite. They still freak me out ever time I get on one. They don't hurt you like some of the other rides do. They just give you a weightless tummy tickle and a little fear of heights.
The skateboard as we called it was another super freaky one. It rocked you back and forth from sky to sky as you were spinning circles.
See Matt and James spinning as they almost hit the MOA ceiling.
Then it was on the the classic bumper cars.
I love this picture.
The most handsome man ever!
I love how bumper cars can be so classic and simple and yet still be a favorite. The boys love this ride so much. I think it is a guy thing to be able to pretend you can drive like this.
Back to the log ride. James face in this is so perfect.
The other ride they loved was the Fairly Odd Parents coaster. This is probably my favorite ride there.
It was a very fun day.
Here is a video of them going down the log ride.











































I want to go to the Mall of America!!
ReplyDeleteAmy, I miss you! I want to go anywhere you go. You are the worlds best traveler. Someday... MOA is really not as impressive as you would think. I do love the indoor amusement park though.
ReplyDelete