Friday, March 9, 2012

Fly tying take II


Well we were back at it on Saturday. Only this time we were prepared.
Matt brought his box of supplies. The men gave it a once over and said..."Well, that's a start"
Yeah, pretty sure this may be where all his funds go now. 

Clairon got right to work teaching Matt how to tie a wooly bugger...basically a black fuzzy caterpillar on a hook.






 Then it was Matt's turn
 Can I just tell you how much I adore this photo. It is one of my all time favorites. 
 Then this gentleman helped Matt. I really liked his quiet teaching style. 

 by the way...that vice Matthew is using is one that Clair used and then Bob and then Mike. Now Matthew is using it. 
 The next day was Matt's birthday. This is him eating a slice of his cake and talking to Grandma and Grandpa. 
We had James over before Matthew's real party(more to come on that) Matthew took that opportunity to teach him how to tie flies. 

I will have to post pictures of all the flies he has been tying. He took them all to school to show his classmates and he keeps forgetting to bring them home.
His new buddies also invited Matthew to attend the Fly Fisherman's banquet on Saturday night. I get to be Matthew's date for that. I am so excited to attend with him. I think we are going to have a blast. Maybe he can win some new gear. Mike told him last night that when it comes to gear and Fly Fishing he was probably covered... 
probably...

No comments:

Post a Comment