Tuesday, March 20, 2012

My date with Matt

Last Saturday Matt and I went to a Fly Fisherman's banquet. This was to raise money for the Hiawatha Trout Unlimited Chapter. aka...Matt's new peeps. 
 I have to admit that I did not take many photos. In fact I think I only took about 15. That is really low for me but I was just having fun being there. 
 Matt made the rounds of the raffle items dozens of times.


 He used his raffle tickets in the Rod raffle.
 He used his money to win this rod holder in the silent auction. Hopefully when he is older he can display his rods with it. For now they are all too fragile to be out in it. 
 Matthew was pretty much adopted by the members of Hiawatha TU. They helped him win prizes all night long. 

Oh, they also put him to work! That is Matt drawing raffle tickets out of the buckets. He and his new pal Randy Brock were paired up all night. They really put Matt to work. He loved ever minute of it. 
Oh, I have to say that one of the waiters noticed Matthew had not touched his meal. He was actually too excited to eat. However, he brought him over a peanut butter and jelly sandwich...and an extra piece of cheesecake. I was so thankful for his extra kindness. 
It was a very fun night for both of us. I think Matthew is about to be one of the youngest members of the Hiawatha Trout Unlimited group!

No comments:

Post a Comment