Fishing fever hit our house pretty hard on Sunday...well to be fair it hit Saturday.
Knowing our pond was still a little under the weather for fishing we decided to give the Reservoir a try.
I warned the boys that the ticks were in season. They called me crazy. There are no ticks in Minnesota in March!
Matthew's first fish was a BASS! His first on a fly rod. This made his day.
He gave it a good study before throwing it back.
Yep, he has become quite the little fisherman.
Like his safety glasses? Ha! Mike rolled his eyes when he saw the pair I grabbed.
The boys caught 21 fish between the two of them in a little over an hour.
Oh, and four ticks! I caught 3 of those. I guess laying down in the tall grass during tick season is a bad idea. You have to do what you have to do to get the shot.
Here is a short little video of him catching his first Bass on a fly rod. It was kind of the back end of the catch. I was setting up my camera to video him and before I could finish he had caught a fish.
















Monica, the pictures you take are amazing! And I love the story you tel along with them (though sometimes the words aren't even necessary, the photos are that good!).
ReplyDeleteThank you Karin:-) I hope you are loving your new home base.
ReplyDelete