Saturday, October 4, 2008

A day in the city

We took Grandma and Grandpa up to Minneapolis and St. Paul yesterday. We had a great time. First we went to a large sporting goods store called REI. Matthew and I hung out outside and I got to practice with my new camera.
I always joke that Matthew and Charlie Brown have the same profile so I just could not resist getting this shot! Too funny.
We went to this great hole in the wall Mexican place. It was really yummy. The waitress took really good care of Mattie.
Our first time at Como Zoo. It looked great but we got there minutes before they closed so we had to zoom through everything.
Grandpa bought Matt a shark hat.
Mike and I could not get over these Lilly Pads. I walked by them the first time and thought they were fake. They were about 3-4 feet in diamater. Pretty cool.
Aw! A bench full of Willits!
I finally got to go to Izzy's Ice cream. They actually have a wall full of people that have been in there named "Izzy" I guess we should take Izzy up there Shana!
The ride home
Grandpa sleeping for once instead of Grandma.









2 comments:

  1. I am glad that you have finally been to Como. We love it and have many wonderful memories there. Yes, those lily pads were strange. Hannah poked her finger on one. It swelled up! She'll never touch another plant at Como again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her finger swelled up..or the plant? That is strange. I will have to tell Mike that because I know he wants to touch one. He is quite facinated by them.

    ReplyDelete