Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Spiders and Pumpkins Oh My!


A few weeks ago when Matt and I visited the Buffalo farm we were given a huge pumpkin. Finally, after weeks of begging we carved it. OK, to try and attempt to be like Jenny.... First off this thing must weigh about 150 1bs. Second...it is seriously 4 inches thick. Third...little boys are soon distracted and prefer to carve chunks of 4 inch pumpkin and could care less about the gigantic mound of orange. With the exception of looking up once in a while to see Mike lower me down inside by my ankles with a shovel an a pail. He was happy to carve his own little scrap. However, our pumpkin turned out incredible! Matthew did help cut out the spiders too. I love it. This first picture is the reflections of the spiders on the ceiling when the candles were inside it. We carved three spiders and when we added three candles they reflected 9 spiders on the ceiling. It was pretty cool. Even better was that I could catch it with my camera.
Mike has a glow about him. He was trying to convince me that we should use a spot light inside the pumpkin. I had visions of cooking pumpkin on the front step. Wow is that bright though. Maybe we could use that to call Spiderman to our house on Halloween....I bet the candles and chocolate will work just fine.

Speaking of Spiderman...


When you have a pumpkin as big as your car, you get a lot of pumpkin guts. There were hardly any seeds though and the ones that were in it were freaky looking. Very plump.



How many ways can I take pictures of Matthew through the pumpkin????






Its the final pumpkin....da na na....da naw na na .. Sorry, Jenny is much more funny when she blogs. I should just stick to the facts:-)









No comments:

Post a Comment