Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Dealing with a broken heart............

Yesterday was M-day for the Wilcox. I know that I have had a million posts on this but it was a huge milestone for us and I some of these posts are just for me. I have to say that yesterday was by far the hardest day I have ever had as a mom. There was nothing worse than seeing my little boy have his first broken heart. I am so thankful for the past three years and I know that the chances of us ever living next to Matthew's best friend are probably unlikely....actually I think I will take the McCutheon advice and live out in the country with no neighbors!!
Missy...realizing that she would have to unpack all of this stuff all too soon.
How cute is this profile! Only Missy could look this cute on moving day.
The view from our window...all day
We were watching Lucy during moving day too. I loved seeing her and Matthew both checking out the movers progress.
Jack left early in the morning with grandma so he would not be in the way. About an hour before this shot Matthew started to ask if he could see if Jack could play. As he started to speak he realized what he was saying and started bawling. He said "Mom, I really want Jack" ...I had to leave the room to get it together. We jumped in the car and went to get Jack a gift and a card. This is Matthew giving it to Missy for him. He cried all the way to the store....I cried too.
I took Matthew out to eat hoping we could miss the moving truck leaving but it was still there when we returned. Matthew wanted to watch them finish up.

As goofy as I looked standing in the street, I really wanted a shot of them as they drove off for the last time.
While Matthew and I were gone to eat Mike came home and left this note. I noticed it after the moving truck had pulled away. Matthew was so touched by it. He actually carried it around the house with him until Mike got home from work. Mike worked late yesterday so I was very thankful for the note.
When we were at the store for Jack I let Matthew pick out a new Webkin for himself. I thought maybe a new friend would help cheer him up. Meet Bugsy! Matthew even took this picture.
As I am finishing this post the new people are pulling up to move in......I will keep you posted.

5 comments:

  1. It was so sweet of Matt to get that for Jack! I talked to him tonight and told him there was a present from Mathew waiting in his room and he said "Yeah I know, he was going to get me a going away present!" That was a hard day yesterday, thanks you so much for all of your help and support! By the way, I look huge in that picture! My belly looks like I'm 9 months already, maybe they will find twins tomorrow! Missy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missy, you are the cutest pregnant woman ever. I love that picture of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I agree. Missy your baby belly looks adorable. I wish I would have taken photos of me while pregnant. I always thought I looked fat.....but it's soooo cute!

    Monica, you can call me anytime and cry. I am glad that you did on Tuesday. Well, the McCutcheons are moving anytime soon! :) So, RELAX!

    Let's get the date nailed down to visit Missy. I am ready for a road trip.

    I also wanted to tell Mike that his letter to Matthew was perfect. It's moments like that...that Matthew will remember FOREVER. It's wonderful that you were so "in tune" to what Matthew might be going through and need from his dad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that was a frodian slip jenny! You mean you arn't moving right??

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post brought tears to my eyes many times! I agree that Matthew is too young to have to endure his first heartbreak. Kudos to Mike for his note! That was perfect and may bump him to the top of the list for Father of the Year. :)

    I've been thinking of you wondering what kind of cool shots you could get at swimming lessons! With the sunlight reflecting off droplets of splashed water. . . you've always got me thinking of cool photo ops!

    ReplyDelete