Sunday, June 14, 2009

The goodbye BBQ

Last night was our neighborhood goodbye BBQ for the Wilcox family. The moving truck arrives Monday morning and they will be gone....UG. We had a great time last night and even though there were many tears shed we laughed a lot too. I made a slide show of the thousands of pictures I had of Missy's kids and my favorite thing ever was her quote. "I love it so much that I am actually unstable right now" That is how I feel right now too Missy. I hate the new people moving in your house! Well not really but they will always be second. Here are some of my favorite shots.
I love this one of Becka and her new little guy. I just think the sun on them is so perfect. Such a sweet photo.

Gavin
All the little ones love Brady. He is so good with them.
Matthew
Baby Addie and Jeremy napping while everyone else ate.
Huddy the clown. He loved making faces for me. Cracked me up!

I just loved this one of Resa.
Huddy and Selah were instant pals. It is too bad we are just figuring this out. They were inseparable at the party.
Huddy doing his "uncle Zach" impression.
Huddy found a sucker....in both Mike and I


I have this one rule in life...I never push kids on swings. When I worked a preschool I always got stuck pushing kids for hours. I can never say no once I start...so I don't start. Then there is Luke. I adore Luke so much. I have from the start. I will never forget the day he came to our door and pointed at our dogs and said "That one is charlie and that one(portis) is the dog" He has never stopped calling Portis "the dog" Cracks me up. Anyway back to the story at hand. This picture was taken right before I asked Luke why he was so sad. He answered in a cute little voice...."because you are not pushing me" Yep. Pushed him for a while after that. Broke my rule. Then I had to push Huddy because I am also quite soft on him too.
Selah is a born model. She always knows how to pose.
This is a little dark but I did not want to edit it.
This picture is a reminder that I am still learning. I thought it was a great shot. Then when I looked at it larger I realized my shutter speed was too low and his hand has implied movement. I still like the shot. His little face is so cute. I just wish it was perfect. Sorry Becka.
All the moms...and the babies:-)





The football game....at least it was not that competitive....yeah right!Look at those cheeks! Does he have more hair or more cheeks? I could photograph him all day long.
Becka and her husband(he took the great mom shot) have 4 little boys!!! Yes, 4! They are all such good kids too. Here are a few shots of her other little guy.


All the kids from the party. Mine is the one who could not put down the Capri Sun. This was the best shot in spite of the shiny juice box.
A final hug...Goodbye

No comments:

Post a Comment