Thursday, July 14, 2011

Dear Dot,

I have been thinking a lot about you lately.
Matthew wanted to learn how to sew. I am not a sewer, but I do have a machine and I thought I would give it a try. I helped him and Hannah make quilts. Well, they are not going to win any awards. Matthew and Hannah love them though. They are very proud of them. I wish I had better skills to teach them. I wish Debbie were here to sew with them. I have to tell you how much of a Willits, Matthew is though. He learned so quickly and he was so focussed. One time I went to do something else and he spent an entire hour trying to figure out how to sew one seam down the side. I would have given up after 10 minutes but not Matt. He is one determined kid. He simply amazed me with his determination and quick learning skills. 
This is him sewing the last final stitches.
and here is him and Hannie holding up the finished quilts(please don't look to close, esp at that one corner on Hannie's that I sewed, not her)
I wanted to tell you about this because I know it would make you smile. Not just because of how cute Matthew is but because I am sure it will remind you of Mike and Heather. 
I hope your summer is going better than your winter. Mine is! I also want to tell you that I always know when Mike is really missing you because he listens to your radio station on XM radio. He says he really likes the older music because it is so calming...but I know it is because it reminds him of you. 
Love and miss you~
Monica

1 comment:

  1. Hannah LOVES each minute in front of your machine, Monica! I think that Dot needs to come and teach these kids how to sew. :)

    ReplyDelete