Thursday, January 29, 2009

Minnesota nice?????

My intent behind the title of our blog is hard to see without the picture that goes with it. It was intended to be our Christmas cards this year. However, with the busy season and Sam's club being out of paper for a week...the pictures turned out way to dark and I did not find time to redo them. Let me just say that the picture shows you all how unbelievably cold it is here....all the time. The part that cracks me up is how native Minnesotans seem to think it is so normal. The big deal on the news right now is that if it does not reach 32 degrees by Saturday it will be a state record. The last time January stayed below freezing the entire month was in 1979! This is not exciting. I love when I am blog hopping finding all the blogs that are complaining about the weather.....One guy said that if he woke up to another 30 degree day he was going to loose it...He would not survive here. Other blogs show the first snow of the season and complain about how they are going to have to shovel...boo hoo...Try shoveling an average of 12 times a month for 5 months a year people! The only thing nice about the Minnesota weather is that the 2 months of summer we do get are amazing. Maybe we just appreciate them more than most people because of our tundra the rest of the year. Maybe it is the way plants grow seemingly on steroids because of the short season. Bare forests seem to become lush jungles overnight. Summer fades so quickly and fall seems to only last a week before winter. I just have two more things to add in my rant about MN nice. One is that Lori should send me a fruit basket for saving her life and telling her not to move here. And lastly, Thank God that new movie comes out this weekend making fun of how cold it is to live here. Maybe that will get us through the rest of the winter...All 3 months of it! What do you want to bet they don't make a sequil because none of the actors ever want to return!

4 comments:

  1. Monica, go buy yourself a new sweater or something! You'll feel better for a day or so!! :)

    I like the winter. I can see inside your kitchen better! :) The leaves cover up our homes in the summer. Maybe, we will cut our trees down this summer??? We like spying on you! That's all we do at night as a family is watch our neighbors! (JK - That sounds creepy!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you kidding! I can't buy a new seater...it will just be hidden under my snuggie. A 30 degree day with no wind, now that is what I need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two are funny!!!! If not a new sweater, maybe some new flip flops! You'll be wearing them soon enough. Just think how much you will be appreciating the nice weather when it comes! Hey, how about getting some seeds and growing something? I could buy you a Chia Pet...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do they make Chia Pets in the shape of Mexico???? Can I grow a beach and some sand?

    ReplyDelete