I love birthdays! There is something so fun about making as many fun moments as possible. I hope that today was in the top 7 birthdays for Mattie. It started out with doughnuts with sprinkles for breakfast. He was given a sticker at school along with bringing birthday treats. I met him for lunch with McDonald's!!! After school dad was home from his trip. Matthew got to pick anyplace that he wanted for dinner(we were totally expecting Leo's Pizza..a local
Chucky Cheese type place that I hate) Nope!!!To our shock and delight he picked Buffalo Wild Wings!!!!Yeah! Not only do I love
BWW, but I love taking pictures there. After dinner we took Matthew to Toys R Us to look at bikes. That is what we want to get him for his birthday but we want to make sure and get the right one. I wish I would have taken my camera into the store. It was so fun to see him in there. Mike and I have noticed that when he is really happy he walks around snapping his fingers. We call it his happy snap. Every time he does it it makes me melt. He was so happy tonight...It must be good to be 7!

It's my birthday!!

I simply love this shot.

His pencil from Mrs. Olson.

He insisted on bringing his new animals to dinner. One is a lion
webkin from Hannah and Carter that he named "Jackson". The other is a monkey
epet from mom that he named "
Monkers"
BWW gave him a free ice cream for his birthday. he was pretty excited about it.

Mike and Mattie playing a few games.

Mike took this shot. I think it is my favorite of the day. You can just see how happy he is.

Matthew thought Jackson was pretty awesome. He said that Hannah and Carter could not have got a better gift for him. It cracked me up that he put him on his head. (it is actually a lioness, but Matthew wants it to be a boy)
That is my recap from birthdayville. I hope this helps all of you feel like you are a little closer to being a part of his day. Thank you so much for all the calls and emails today.
One last FYI: Matthew said if he could have anything for his birthday he would want Grandma and Grandpa to be here for it...that about made Mike and I cry.
Happy Birthday Monica and Matt!
ReplyDeleteWe are so sorry we had to miss your birthdays but it looks like you had a great time! We will be home tomorrow to tell you in person!
The Wilcox's