Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Matt and Sam

My latest assignment for class had to do with shutter speed. It required me to photograph a moving target at several speeds. Matthew and Sam were more than willing to spend some time swinging so that I could get some shots. I love the shots! They turned out so cute and fun.
How great is is Matthew peaking under the swing. I just love that I caught that.
This is my favorite shot. I love the way that sand always looks in my photos. I also love the way Matthew looks.

My teacher really loves the layered look with subjects and so do I. This shot is so much fun.
I noticed that I managed to capture Sam's dirty knees too. Makes me smile to know that it is finally spring!


It was right before dusk so some of the shots were getting a little dark. The sky looked pretty cool though.

2 comments:

  1. I have to agree ~ I like them! The "front" subject also looks clearer than in some pictures and I like that too~ not sure if that's a lens change or has to do with the shutter speed, but it makes the contrast between the "fuzzy" background and the "front" subject much more clear! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to do the assigment using the swings! I still haven't done it, so I just may steal your idea! ;-)

    What a nice thing to capture too. Kids swinging...such a classic childhood activity. Nice!

    ReplyDelete