Thursday, August 6, 2009

Day #2.....Old friends and favorite places!!

Let me just start by saying that I know this is a very long post with lots of insignificant pictures. This is just one of those posts that is for me. This is the stuff I want to remember when I look back at our trip.
On the road again...This was a short drive day..360 miles:-)
Mike taking a picture of his happy place
There she is.....Montana, there is nothing there(no seriously, that is the new slogan???Who was the idiot behind that? Mike Willits maybe?)

We stopped at Custer's battlefield for Matthew. After watching Night at the Museum he has wanted to see it.
a real Tee-Pee
Matthew discovered that the Grasshoppers were in full swing there. He was all over it.

So Montana
Mike and I headed right to our favorite place for lunch. We love the food and the owners both. It was great to eat there again.


Lunch on the patio
Tiny's famous scooney

I can't remember why he was making this face, but it cracks me up.
This picture is for Shana....don't you just love this place! You might have to enlarge it to see the sign.
After lunch we noticed an ELM truck and Mike realized it was an old friend. We flagged him down so Mike could say hello.
One of the coolest things about Billings is the Rimrocks that border it. We took Matthew up there to show him all the places he was connected to.


Hard to believe this is actually the ugly part of Montana. It is to bad the whole state was pretty hazy the whole time we were there.
That big brown building is where Mike and I went to college.
Don't ask me how I always manage to mess up the order on these...this should have been at the start of the Billings stuff.

A big part of who I am is from being a youth pastor in Billings. I really loved every minute of it and became who I am today because of working with great kids. It is hard to believe that they are now young adults. It was so nice to see them again.
This is Carissa and Jacki Brewer. I know it is hard to tell but the young lady on the right is their mother, Joan! They are practically family. All three of them mean the world to me. I love seeing how happy they all are. Joan and Tom(dad) just moved back to Billings to be around the girls. Jacki was due any minute in this picture and I still have not heard any news. She was the cutest pregnant woman ever. I still am shocked to think that you are 22.
Jenafer...you are wonderful. I love this picture of you. You are so pretty. I hope you know that.
Friends for life! You two have been through pretty much everything together.
Loved this moment.....upside down eyes????I still don't get it but it is funny.
Love this picture of Jen!
Jacki, you looked so darn cute.
Here we have Jacki, Jenafer, Carissa, Joan and Brenda(my old boss and great friend) Brenda....it was sooooooooo nice catching up. I wish my heart was not reminded how much I miss you. Talking to you is as nice as a Utah sunset:-)
Brenda took a picture for me.
Mike and I stayed with some old friends in Billings. James worked with me years ago at an automotive place. I instantly clicked with his wife Jenny. Okay, lets be honest....God reserves the name Jennifer(in any version) only for the super amazing. I have never met a Jenny that I did not love with all my heart. I should mention that she had been traveling for a funeral and did not make it home until around 11:00 p.m. and still took us in.
How cute is this. This is Ethan...he is three(incase you missed that) I LOVE that he has to have his toes and finger nails painted. Matthew loved that too! Cracks me up that I caught that on film for them.
Ethan having his morning coffee:-) I kind of like the dark shot because it was an early morning shot. Jenny's also seem to always have 4 kids! This Jenny has Emily(8), San(6) Ethan(3) and then the baby. All of them are way to cute.
James making us breakfast before we left. It was AWESOME!!! The eggs were beyond yummy! Thank you two soooooooooooooooooooo much!
Emily loved that I was taking pictures. She kept posing for me. It was so cute. I took a bunch more that I wanted to tweak in photoshop for Jenny. However, Mike uploaded the to her computer and then deleated them from my card. Sorry Jenny...at least you have them right!
Breakfast with friends before we leave for Hamilton..
Day #3 coming soon

No comments:

Post a Comment