Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Day one...the long drive

We left Roch Wednesday after Mike got off work, anticipating that our drive would be horrible and that if we could get even a little of it out of our way we would be doing great. We actually made it 777 miles! It seemed to be a very easy drive. I read a great book and Mike followed Jeremy's advice(see picture below) Time actually flew by.

We stopped at Wall Drug for dinner. Mike does not get why I have such a fascination with this place but I just love it. We always seem to be here when the main part is closed. I really want to see the back area with all the shops....some day maybe.
All signs point to home....
Nothing like burgers and fries while you check out expensive country western paintings.
TOYS!!!
Pardon me...but is that necklace sharks tooth?
Mike dreaming of Antelope cam
What the????A jackalopird? Can you imagine that someone actually took the time to make this?
Matt sucked in by shiny things, wonder where he gets that from?

All tuckered out...We made it all the way to Sundance Wyoming. Everyone was exhausted. Matthew crashed as soon as his head hit the pillow. We would have quit sooner but it is a little hard to find a room in South Dakota with Sturgis going on. It sure made for an easy day 2....Those pictures are coming soon. Stay tuned:-)

2 comments:

  1. How does Mike drive while listening to his music? That first picture doesn't look very safe. He is very talented BUT that's crazy. How do you drive with your eyes closed? Teach Mark before we leave for Florida. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and he was sending an email too. He is very talented.

    Actually, the head phones were turned down low and I was reading a book so that was okay. He could hear me when I asked a question so that was no big deal. The eyes closed was just good timing on my part. However, the emailing was not one of his smarter moves. It was the only fight we had the whole week despite 36 hours of driving.

    ReplyDelete