Sunday, August 9, 2009

Day # 4...the fun continues

Disclaimer!!!!
First of all I have to say that this is a totally new method for me. These pictures were so much easier to upload but the quality is not as good. I am going to upload all the photos to an archive site for all of you to get copies if you want...soon! Secondly I have to add that it messed up the spacing on the ones at the bottom and at this point it would be too much to redo the whole thing. I am going to pull a few of them off and repost them when I get a minute.

The day started out with Matthew's patience finally paying off. During breakfast a very excited boy ran in screaming "I caught a fish!" He finally caught his first trout....after two days of trying.
Can you see the fish in front of his shoe.

The fish swollowed the hook and Mike actually had to do CPR on it.
Mike doing CPR on the trout...After 10 minutes he called it. Matthew was so sad about it. We told him that it's life would not be wasted. We ended up cooking it up for Grandma Dot for dinner.
The bummer about loving the story telling portion of photography is that you can not be in two places at once. The women decided to go to the farmers market. I love the pictures that I captured from the market, even if I seemed like the paparazzi at times. I just wish I had more pictures of the guy's day.
I loved this bench
I hope the girls can see what my vision is now that they see these pictures. There are so many that I love.


Buying pies...good food was not an issue for the weekend. The smoked salmon from Andrew was the best!

The Willits girls love jewelry.
This lavendar was all over. It made the cars smell good too.
This gal was weaving in one of the booths. I think she used Diana's yarn too(more to come on that)
This is one of my favorite pictures of Chelsea.





Don't look now but that girl with the camera is still following us!I love this shot. It just seems like one that will be valued for a lifetime.

After the market Diana took us to her yarn factory for a tour. She had been making yarn for a long time. It is seriously pretty stuff. They actually ship all over the world.
Her plates:-) Thanks Chelsea for the photo idea.
The yarn before the dye is added.
Racks and racks of dyed yarn
This is what the back wall looked like. I LOVE this kind of thing. The artist in me adores a pretty mess!
Diana showing us how they dye the wool yarn.
This is one of those shots that Mike does not get. I can just see him raise his eyebrows as he looks at it. I however, think this basket tells quite a story about the dye process. I found it to be quite fantastic:-)
All ears...
I know this is not the best picture. I knew that I would never get it to be a good exposure. However, when Diana opened the door to the factory to let a little air in I could not get over the Montana mountains just out her front door. I found that to be so incredibly wonderful. I had to share it as part of the tour. Bad pictures can tell stories too you know.
A bin of dyed yarn
How cute is this hat! Chelsea and Laurie modeled it for us.
My favorite shot of Laurie...you look so cute! This should be your facebook picture(if your kids will let you be on FB)
Love the backdrop of bins of colored yarn.

Off to lunch...

Where the problems start with my post:
Okay, I managed to upload these to the side. It was too late to redo them, so I am going with it.
This picture is of Chelsea plugging her ears as her mom told all of us about the older dog they had passing away on a family vacation to the beach. I thought it was pretty cute to see her not wanting to hear about it.

































I love this picture of Laurie and Heather too....Heather you look far from old!




Some serious Boccie Ball


























Matthew still in Heaven















Aunt Judy, she is seriously the funniest person I know! She keeps us all laughing...all the time.















Debbie trying on Chelsea's hair.




Matthew was a little afraid of this raft and that was probably a good thing. This is the one time he tried taking it out on his own. Then he became convinced that it was sinking and made me pull him out.














































Alec chilling a bit.








































































More photographer's remorce. This is one of the only pictures I have of Patrick. He is Diana and Jim's son. I also managed to miss getting many of Marie(next to Patrick below) Patrick spent a few hours fishing with Matthew on Saturday night. It was very cute. Here is how one of the conversations went between them:
Patrick: (seeing a bat fly by) Wow, Matthew did you see that? That was a bat.
Matthew: It was! I saw one once...in Home Depot.
Patrick: You did?
Matthew: Do you want to know what section it was in?
Patrick: ...sure
Matthew: ...Doors
















Leaving it to the professionals! Saturday night was the only night we had everyone there so we decided to "TRY" and get a group shot. I was lucky enough to shadow John(the professional) and study his every move. This was my quick shot before he was set up...clearly no one is even ready yet. The only problem was that someone was missing. Who you might ask????My dear husband! Where was he you might ask???Oh yes, with his old girlfriend! He was fishing away. He walked in 5 minutes after we were done. I will have to post John's final shot when I get it.
Well there you have it...it only took 57ish pictures. Imagine how many I would have if I could be in two places at once:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment