one of the blogs that I love www.thepioneerwoman.com runs photo contests frequently. Her last contest was themed "happiness". Several of the photos entered were of homecomings from soldiers. They were incredible and powerful. In fact they were so powerful that she is now running a "homecoming" contest for just military photos. I am not going to lie...some of them took my breath away and not in a good photo sucked my breath out way...in a punched in the chest thank God for my freedom...God, I am so sorry kind of way. Please, take a few moments and check them out. You can find this photo
here if you want to see who took it. You can see her contest picks
here and you can see all the photos entered in the contest
here
Grab some kleenex and be prepared to loose the wind in your lungs...and make sure to leave a "Thank You" note to at least one soldier's family.
My cousin is in Iraq (or "over there" ~ I'm not sure on the place name) but she posted on FB the other day that they were under fire for 4 hours that night ~ while we slept, in our quiet comfy beds, they fought ~ for their lives . . . and ours.
ReplyDelete