There are many things in this world that I don't understand...
I don't understand cancer...
I don't understand...
I feel change coming...it is creeping up on us like a shadow.
Just when I think that I am okay with the idea of a different school..a different house...a different zip code...
I see these smiling faces in my rearview mirror
They lost Jenny's mom...their "Nanna" a few years ago. I kind of think that the loss they suffered was more a piece of their own mom than anything. Jenny is the strongest woman I know and yet I know she still needed her mother. Jenny's mom crosses my mind at least ten times more than my own mom.
Tonight I kidnapped the faces that I have grown to love as if they were my own children and took them to McDonald's. There was many motivations for this. One being that this is always a HUGE treat for them and the gratitude they express is enough to last me a month.
Secondly, I want to get in as many memories as I can with them while I can. I am sure life is about to sail us away from them...when they need us most.
Finally...
Mark's mom and dad are staying with the McCutcheon family. I wish I could say that this is a normal everyday...just because visit. It is simply so much more than that.
Mark's mom was diagnosed with lung cancer (she has never smoked in her life) and she is being treated at the Mayo.
Today was the day she got the diagnoses and treatment plan. It was a long hard day for being an adult...
side note: Hannah actually eats shots of ketchup! I thought my boys were ketchup fans...
It was the first day in a long time where I wished I could just be eight...
I could eat at McDonald's and laugh with my friends and not have to think about grownup things..
like Cancer and moving
Okay...I just realized that I turned the cutest ..funny pictures into a cry session.
I am tempted to change my post but I need to blog this for me.










Sniff, sniff, tear, tear! Thank you for blogging something that I cannot. I cannot blog my true feelings and fears. Thank you for being so much more than a neighb's or...thank you for being our family! My life will never be the same when you move. Our relationship is not normal or common. It's special and rare. These days I am not a very good friend, wife or mother. My attention is towards a couple that is struggling to stay together. It's hard but beautiful to watch. True love is amazing.
ReplyDeleteI too, was having one of those days just the other day (not cancer related). What prompted it? Taite asking me what was my favorite part of being a kid. . . Um ~ no responsibilites, summer afternoons just riding in a sunny car, no taxes, mortgages or anything stressful other than making friends. How do we "catch" that again? I am so sorry to hear about Mark's mom! I'll add them to our prayers!
ReplyDelete