You all know that I am married to the hottest man on earth....but did you know:
1. We met January 17, 1992. The first thing I noticed was his crooked nose:-)
2. Most of you know that he loved to hunt geese but did you know the first time he actually shot one and brought it home one of them was alive? He had to chase it around to catch it and ring it's neck...in front of the neighborhood bus stop! Well technically they could not see him but it does add to the humor of the story.
3. Did you know that in the 19 years we have been together we have only been apart on his birthday twice. He however has probably been away from his parents most of those birthdays. That makes this birthday kind of special as he won't be with me but he will be with them.
4. Most of you know that Mike loves to fish and he is a great builder but did you know that he got these skills from his grandfather Clair?
5. Mike was born 15 days before I was. I love this time of year when I get to joke about being married to an older man. Funny to think that he has only been on this earth 15 days more than I have.
6. Mike has been a Braves fan since he was Matthew's age and being with him at his first game was really incredible.
7. He loves his Braves so much that he even listens to them in the truck when he can't get the games on inside. He gets this from his grandfather Joe.
8. Most of you know that I have a new scar on my top lip but did you know Mike has one too? About 10 years ago he and Charlie were wrestling when Mike got stepped on. Charlie's dog claw sliced his lip open very similar to mine. He however did not loose any teeth over it. I think it is romantic that we have matching scars:-)
9. After two years of trying to convince Mike that he would really love photography he finally gave it a chance and of corse I was right! He loves it. He will be surpassing me soon in awe inspiring photos.
10. Most of you know that Mike is an amazing dad. Honestly an incredible dad. It is rare that a day goes by without Mike telling Matthew how proud he is of him and how important he is to him. What I want to share is how this makes one of the reasons I think my husband is the hottest man on earth.
If your good at Math you know there is more to come.












I LOVE this post! If I got this on my birthday from my spouse, it would definitely be my favorite gift of all time!
ReplyDeleteMike,
ReplyDeleteI hope you've had a Happy Birthday! Thanks for being a good friend to me these past few years. You have displayed a unique ability to show that you care about me and my family, and I'll always be grateful.
Mark
Mikey! I love looking at these old photos. Thanks for playing dolls with me....and always letting me be the boss :) I hope you are enjoying the sunny warmth on your birthday and we look forward to having you back in our neck of the woods soon! Happy Happy Birthday!!!! Much love, Heather
ReplyDelete