Tuesday, February 15, 2011

{almost} alone in Vegas



 My first full day in Vegas Mike had meetings. I was not worried at all. I knew my favorites and I had a new pal with me. I am not sure how but I have no pictures of her. Here name was Brenda and she was up for anything. Ironically I took a lot fewer pics than I thought I would. 
I am probably one of the biggest fans of the Bellagio. Specifically Dale Chihully's glass sculpture "Fiori De Como" . It is the largest glass sculpture in the world. I want it to hang in my next house..that overlooks the ocean...hey, a girl can dream right?



 The second reason I love the Bellagio is the ever changing indoor garden. This was probably my least favorite of all the displays I have seen but it was good to see never the less.
It was in celebration of the Chinese New Year..."year of the rabbit" in case you did not know. 


Then of course there was Paris. I was trying to copy my friend Shana's amazing pictures of the real thing but I guess it is not as easy when it is a mock down of the real one. 

A new thing to Vegas since last I was there are these characters all over the place. Not just mimes anymore. They like to come out into the crowd and grab you. Maybe this really is Darth and Chewbacha hanging out with R2D2 on the strip..hm?

After that we met up with two other girls(one who had a car!!!!) and hit the In-N-Out burger. Hey, most of you will think this is not worth documenting but I disagree! For years now I have heard them mentioned...like went Paris Hilton had to have one so bad that she drove the wrong way down the interstate.  I was super excited to give them a try. 
Oh, also I recently heard that they had Proverbs 3:16 and a cross on the bottom of all their cups. I thought that was pretty cool thing to know. 
My verdict??? hmm....good, simple, cheap. 

 After a litte bit of shopping we headed to Margaritaville to hang out and wait for the company meeting to be over. This is quite an entertaining place. These people are the waiters and our tables are really tall! Just kidding...They are just the entertainment. 
These are my new found friends that made my day super fun. Kristin had to be on a flight back to North Dakota at 5 am the next morning..oh did I mention that her second plane was a tiny tiny puddle jumper that had to be hand started...I think...I just know it was not the kind of plane I ever want to be on.
There was my day alone in {almost} alone in Vegas

No comments:

Post a Comment