Last week Mike had a company meeting in Vegas. With high temps in MN reaching a balmy -30 below there was no way I was letting him go without me.
We HAD a direct flight...however, when we started to check in they were overbooked and offered Mike the opportunity to take a different flight for a $400.00 voucher. He took it without hesitating because he thought they would offer one to me too. Nope! I thought for sure I would be flying to Vegas on my own. I was not thrilled. After talking to the woman at the counter and numerous options we were both finally booked on a flight to LAX.
I was excited at the thought of seeing the ocean.
After waiting a few hours for our flight to leave MSP we headed for LAX
I have to say that the LAX airport is not at all what I expected. It is more like 4 tiny airports sitting next to each other. We had to leave the airport completely in order to get to our terminal. It was nice to go outside for a few minutes but it made me nervous. Airport security twice...yuck.
This is my stunning view of LA. I kind of like that house up there but I can't imagine living that close to such a busy airport.
But there it is!!! The amazing beautiful ocean. All planes leaving LAX go out over it and circle back. It made me so incredibly giddy. Funny how just seeing the ocean can make me feel like a kid again.
It made my whole day wonderful.
Then something wonderful happened!
In the 5 minutes it took for our plane to circle back over the ocean..the sunset on it.
I saw the sun set over the ocean....*sigh*
Yes, my husband totally redeemed himself for almost flying 1st class without me:-)
Just to be clear we were not on first class...his flight would have been if he were traveling alone..poor guy!








No comments:
Post a Comment