Thursday, February 17, 2011

Finishing up my facts

{my all time favorite picture of Mike and Matthew}
When I sleepily typed up my tittle this morning I had no idea how hard it would be to finish..
Don't get me wrong, I have a million things I could tell you about Mike. They are just personal;-)

Let me leave you with this..
I met Mike exactly a month before he turned 18. We were both just kids, bright eyed in the world. In the last 19 years we have grown together like two morning glories planted side by side. He helps me stand, he helps me bloom, he helps me grow tall. There are so many times when I thank God for not only sending him my way but helping me have patience in myself and my life to lead us to where we are. Mike's birthdays are a big deal to me. They are the day that I get to thank God for creating such a soul and sending it my way, then giving that soul the patience and grace to love me for 19 years. My favorite line of all time is "If you are going to love me, I want to be loved like that" Thank you Mike, for loving me like that.

I am not sure what the next year will bring for us but I will tell you that I am your biggest fan and no matter where we land, I am glad I am jumping with you.

I just want to point out that Mike has other fans too!
 Like his fur children who love him
And his son who dresses up like him on hero day.


3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Cousin Mike! Hope it is a great one :)

    -Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can make the birthday boy a coffee, ice cream cake when he gets home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a lovely series of posts. What a tribute.

    ReplyDelete