Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The namer of the worms

Matthew and Jackson decided that yesterday was a great day to dig up worms. The only place I let them dig is under our deck. They have actually excavated quite a hole. I looked out the window to see little Selah out there digging away with them. I had to grab my camera. Her little eyes grab light like a magnet. When I went out to snap a few shots I hear the boys tell her that her job is the "worm namer"!!!!It was the cutest thing I have ever seen. They would dig up a worm and show it to her and she would say in her little sweet voice "That one is sara" That one is "Longie" Then the boys would put the newly named worm in a bucket.
She tried to dig too of course, but then moved on to just being the "namer"
Another worm to name
Clearly not afraid to touch them either! This one was Sara.
These two are Pinkie and Brownie:-)
A little girl after my own heart!
She took some time out to pose between worms.
Oh Selah, I am going to miss taking pictures of you! You are so darn cute.
Walking her back home from Tami's house.

4 comments:

  1. What a sweetie! And I love how the boys found a way to incorporate her into their playing. Sounds like you had great neighbors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best:-(

    I can't tell you how sad I am about them moving. I am excited to meet my new neighbors but they only have two little girls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's wrong with girls!?!? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, I think they might only have one girl. I was bummed for Matthew but now I think I should be excited. Girls are so much easier to photograph. Do you think it will freak them out if the neighbor they have not even met yet is snapping 1000 shots of them?

    ReplyDelete