Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Monday night football

Have you wondered what ever happened to my flag football posting? I posted all those great shots from the first practice and got you all excited for the first game and then...nothing. Well here is what happened. The second week when they were scheduled to have the very first game...Matthew decided to try and do a flip off Hannah and Carter's swing set. Now mind you, he had done this several times before. He had even done this that same day! However, on this particular time he slipped and landed hard. What broke his 4 foot fall? His cute little nose! It was very swollen, very scrapped up, and it hurt very badly. He seemed to be fine after a little nap(don't worry I was watching him like a hawk) We drove down to the football field and after just a few minutes he complained of a very bad headache. We consulted "Dr. Brad" my favorite doctor in the whole wide world(he really is my kind of Doc, If he ever told me to worry I would probably panic because he is always so calming about things) To make a very long story short. He missed his first game. Then last week the weather was too much for princess mommy! So here we are not to week 4!

Matthew's team is improving and they did play really well last night. They have not won a game yet but they are playing against some older kids with intense coaches. Matthew loves every minute of it!
Down...Set...Hut!
Ready Yellow!
A few minutes into the game I looked over to the other side of the field to see a brightly colored sweater running up and down the field. Hannah had come to watch her brother play(side note:Mark was thinking ahead and realized they may need an extra player so he nudged Jenny to let her tag along) She was actually doing quite well too!
All smiles!
I honestly did not recognize Carter in his hat. I am glad he was wearing his true team colors or I would not have known it was him.


Go...Fight...Win!
Meanwhile, Matthew steals a flag from the other teams QB.
Seriously...big crush on his coach(the older one, just to be clear)
The face off. I guess they don't know how to intimidate yet.
Yeah...I am in first grade too. (okay....my husband reminded me that I have a second grader!)

love this shot:-)
Back over at the M team, Hannah and Carter manage to pull both flags off this poor little boy before he(or they) knew what hit him.
I love the look on Hannah's face. What? What is this? Oh! I got the flag.
Yeah, I got it! Uh huh! I got his flag!
As I am watching the two of them way across the field, I see something go run past me in the corner of my eye. Yep! Matthew, scoring his first touchdown! Tried to get him running but it was too blurry. Did manage to get a shot of how happy he was standing in the end zone. Now I see why so many NFL players get in trouble for "celebrations". I think Matthew would have danced, he was so happy.
Huddle up!
Matthew really listens to his young coach. If teens only knew the power they have on little kids!

I really love this shot.
This is Hannah asking her young coach if she could go play "pet pals" with her friends on the side lines(that is after all why she came) Sorry Hannah we still need you and...your one of our best players after all.
Here is Matthew stealing the flag from the other team. Here is the grab.
The display...
and the "I Rock" look back:-)
The night ended in the pouring rain with a young college player giving the players a talk about being a good team mate. The night ended a little bit early because it was a big football night in Minnesota...In case you don't know Farve was playing his old team the Packers and everyone in these parts has a favorite side(except my husband who wanted a little good from both sides for his fantasy football team)

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for Matthew! Tell him congrats on his big touchdown. Glad to see his nose is better! Missy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, Monica! I was being a "princess" last night and didn't go...again!

    Mark was so excited to watch Hannah play. He LOVES having one boy who plays football but...a girl too??!! He's thrilled!

    (Yes, she really, really wanted to stop and play with her friend, Megan...who was waiting for her on the side. LOL! She's 100% girl...even with a football in her hands!)

    ReplyDelete