Monday, October 12, 2009

The Shaggy Buffalo Farm

Yesterday was a very good day for Matthew and I. I had called Jenny early in the day to see if she wanted to take all the kids to the orchard, being that we were both husbandless. We both agreed it would be a good day to go. Shortly after we hung up she called back to tell me that her friends that owned the Buffalo farm had invited us back!!!! We bundled up our bunch and headed out. We managed to fit both activities in and I will post the orchard shots later.
There are so many places to get great shots on this farm that Jenny and I could spend all day there. The kids too for that matter.
Sometimes when you are shooting composition flies right out the window...or over your head. I was lucky enough to get this shot of Carter chasing a chicken right at me.
Carter was brave and let this chicken eat out of his hand.
Grace getting ready to feed a Buffalo
Another Buffalo tongue shot! Love these.
Buffalo have no upper teeth so the fact is that they could probably never bite you. You have to actually push the apples in slobbery mouths.
Jenny.....what are you taking a picture of?


Can you guess who this is?
Jenny and I both love this barn
Connie and Jim had been saving up "Cow Chips" for a while for someone who decided not to use them. They let the kids have a chip throwing contest. Amazingly it was a huge hit!


waiting...
Jenny takes her turn.
Carter takes his turn
Then Hannah
Jim even got out the measuring tape to keep track. I think Carter won with a 40 feet pie. I could be wrong.




Hannah for sure had the biggest pie

Double Chocolate Pie?????
Don't look now....but I think the humans are throwing our pooh!
Jenny and Nora watch the action. Nora was not into throwing Cow Chips.
Meanwhile...back at the hen house!
Grace had Jenny hook her mittens together and she ran around laughing about it. I should have posted this picture vertical but it is too late now and it is too cute to take out.
One of the big hits from last year was tag on top of the hay bales. It was a huge hit this year too. I loved capturing this shot of Jenny as she snapped shots of them too.

There is my first batch of pictures. I think I have more and I also have some of the orchard. I will see if I can get any of them published tonight. Mike returns home Tuesday night(very late) from AC and as much fun as we have had we miss him dearly and can't wait to put our arms around him...even if he will be smelly and dirty:-)

1 comment: